Accreditation category A rating for One Point Medical
One Point Medical has received a category A rating on its accreditation, demonstrating its commitment to quality and safety within its practice, while improving the level of care to both patients and the community.
To achieve accreditation, doctors and support staff within a practice work over a 12 month period to implement the Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices, (the recognised national standard), which provides a template for quality care and risk management.
The AGPAL accreditation program was developed to provide a range of minimum expectations for patients surrounding safety and care by assessing the practice environment and their processes. Accreditation was developed jointly by AGPAL and primary health organisations and peak bodies, including the Australian Medical Association (AMA).
Areas of focus during an on-site assessment for accreditation include:
- ensuring vaccines are within their use-by-date and stored at the correct temperatures
- that the practice equipment is clean and sterile
- practice staff are up-to-date with their training
- and the practice has emergency care available.
What does this accreditation mean?
Being accredited means that our general practice is committed to a comprehensive program which involves:
- Engaging our whole practice team to review our practice’s systems and processes
- Opening our practice doors to allow a team of independent surveyors to assess how our practice operates
- Assessment of our practice, and achievement of the nationally recognised Royal Australian College of General Practitioners (RACGP) Standards for general practices, that focus on health care quality and patient safety.
As a member of the community you may be surprised to learn that general practice accreditation is a voluntary process – which means not all practices undergo an independent on-site assessment on a regular basis.
Achievement of AGPAL accreditation reassures you that our doctors and practice team are committed to providing you with high quality health care in a safe environment.
Next time you visit our practice be sure to look out for the AGPAL Accredited General Practice Symbol (below) or our accreditation certificate. Our practice team is proud of this achievement and as part of this process we continuously strive to make quality improvements to better your patient experience.
Australian General Practice Accreditation Limited (AGPAL) is a not-for-profit independent provider of general practice accreditation in Australia. To learn more about the benefits of accreditation to you, your family and the Australian community click here or visit www.agpal.com.au.