Pregnancy Planning – One Point Medical
The start of your pregnancy planning is a perfect time to make a healthy lifestyle a priority. Our doctors can provide positive and supportive advice for your pregnancy needs.
Below are some things to consider before you conceive.
- smoking increases the risk of miscarriage, premature labour and low birth weight babies
- smoking is associated with serious long term health issues including chronic lung disease, cancer, heart disease and stroke
OPTIMISE your weight
- being overweight, or underweight can affect your fertility
MODERATE your alcohol intake
- less is best while trying to conceive
- try to stick to the Australian Guidelines of no more than 2 standard drinks/day
- any exercise is better than none
- start slowly and build up, if you are not already exercising
- aim for 2 1/2 – 5 hours of moderate intensity exercise per week (approx 30 minutes/day)
- include muscle strengthening exercise on at least 2 days